Saturday, 30 May 2015
LETS COOK WITH TECHNOLOGY
Ever thought of using smartphones Apps in kitchen ! Your smartphone is your assistant for pretty much every task you have to do. Need to reserve a table in restaurant, or book a cab , your device is ready to go.With dozens of Bluetooth and Cloud enabled devices the smart mummies will now be able to cook meals with the tap of few buttons.
Here are the best tech-enabled devices that would help our smart muslimahs in their kitchen to cook smart…
1) Belkin Crock Pot Wemo Slow cooker : The slow cooker works the same as every other device but with added Wemo App. The free app available for both Apple and Android lets you monitor your meal from anywhere in the house .
2) ‘ Drop ‘ Smart Scale : It is a digital kitchen scale that connects wirelessly to an iPad ( via Bluetooth) where you can interact with receipes as you cook. The app is called ‘ smart scale ‘ because it walks you through the cooking process. Together the Drop Kitchen connected scale and Receipe App are an unbeatable combination that help anyone to bake beautiful and delicious creations regardless of experience..
3) Qbox : Qbox is a smart Wifi connected barbeque smoker that lets you moniter from anywhere using smartphone.
4) Prep pad : Prep pad can help with nutrition part. It gives real time readout of macronutrients in your food including protein, carbs, fats and more. No more manual food logging and no more guesswork. As you prepare your ingredients using Prep Pad countertop it automatically logs exactly what you are eating.
5) Digitize your receipes. : Evernote is a freemium note taking and note syncing app that can be used on Windows PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone. You can store files, typed receipes and snapshots.
6) Arist : It simplifies everything into simple machine you can download receipes and make coffee like world best coffee at the tap of smartphones.
7) Smart Frying Pan : Temperature control and perfect timings in a pan, It lets you check the exact temperature inside your Salmon, steak etc. and lets you know when its ready.
8) LG Smart ThinQ refrigerator : It helps you manage your food letting you check what you have got and syncing to your phone app. So when you are out on shopping you know what you have got in the fridge.
There will be lot more tech-enabled devices and gadgets in the coming years to make our kitchen smarter and Hi-tech. It wont be long before you will get the notification on your T. V that your Roasted Meat is cooked or the day wont be far when we may have Mango App to ripen the raw mangoes at home!!!!
Friday, 22 May 2015
Tuesday, 12 May 2015
Delicately scented with rose syrup , a creamy rich pudding that will tickle and tantalise your taste buds.
500ml skimmed milk
100ml full cream
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons corn flour
2 tablespoons rose syrup
6 tablespoons strawberry jam (or sweetened strawberry fruit purée )
Flaked almonds and chopped pistachio nuts for garnish.
1. In a heavy bottomed pan add the milk and corn flour and mix well until there are no lumps.Heat the milk and keep stirring for 3-4 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken.
2. Add the sugar and mix it in well until it is dissolved . Keep stirring the mixture for 2-3 minutes longer until the mixture has a consistency that would coat the back of a spoon.(Once mixture cools it will thicken some more so do not be tempted over cook it)
3. Take the mixture off the heat and stir in the rose syrup and cream and mix well. Allow to cool slightly.
4. Add the jam to a microwaveable dish and warm it slightly to soften it.
5. Take 6 small serving glasses and spoon the jam into the bottom of each glass
6. Gently spoon on top of the jam the pudding mixture.
7. layer the pudding with strawberry puree or rose puree